Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

Today has been a tough day for me. I love Easter, getting dressed up, going to church, and eating well. Of course, I love the deeper meaning that Easter represents: Christ sacrificing His life for us, for our selfishness, our greed, our anger because He loves us so much. This is incomprehensible to me, and will probably take a lifetime for me to really grasp.
Today we (Steven and I) are sick with the stomach flu. Ben had it earlier in the week and we thought we made it...alas. It is inescapable, I guess. So far Abigail has been unscathed. I have been sick more times with the stomach flu in the last year than in my entire life. I hope I have met my quota, because I really don't think I can do this again. Today was a definite low-point in my mothering "career." I didn't want to take care of anyone...I just wanted to sleep and eat crackers and soup. As a result, I wasn't nearly as patient, kind, or loving to my family. I am humbled by the fact that Christ loves me exactly the same on a day like today than when I am on my best behavior. I guess that is what I needed to learn today.
Our fun Easter outfits and good food will have to wait.

No comments: